Calico by Callie Hart
This is one of those books that if I allowed myself to actually say what I wanted, I would spoil the book for you.
So I am going to reign myself in and keep this to an edited highlight’s almost and give you my bullet points on why you NEED to read this book.
- Emotionally this will tear you apart, the author cut through me with all the skill of a heart surgeon, I don’t know when I will be able to put what she left behind back together.
- The story doesn’t just touch on a what some would consider a very delicate subject, it grabs it by the throat and knocks seven bells out of it. And you need to read that in all its not only glory but gory detail. Her depiction was visceral but the circumstance deserved it and I applaud Ms Hart for her courage.
- Fear not!!! Not everything was painful, honest there were moments that brought the biggest smile to my face.
- The main characters were superb, their journey, the time they had both together and apart help to provide a rounded picture of not only who they are now but who there were and why they did what they did.
- The secondary characters were fabulous and very, very important.
- Beautifully Written
- Emotionally astute
- Brutally honest
I could go on and on but what I really want to say is please READ THIS BOOK!
Topic: Calico by Callie Hart
No comments found.